Saturday, February 14, 2009


Romance is not love...it is a part of it but it can be a part of lots of other love substitutes. What kind of romance do I want to concentrate on. What makes this picture unappealing to me even though it is romantic to many. The man appears to be leering over her, almost controlling...what about yesterday;s picture? He was holding the clock? NEW IDEA: Giving his time to her? Hmmm how gendered are our ideas of romance? Could I come up with a 'non traditional gender role' idea for romance?

Creative Idea: hmmm I dunno, all I can do is have the girl do what I would imagine the guy doing? Which isn't really creative, it's just an exchange...how about she organizes a scavenger hunt to all the places that have meaning for them, and at each point there is a peice of a jigsaw puzzle and once he is at the last place he can put it together and it is a picture of the two of them with the words "I want you to always be able to count on me, my love!"

No comments:

Post a Comment